KAIROS DANCE THEATER INTERNSHIP
KAIROS Dance Theater offers rich and stimulating internship opportunities for college and graduate students seeking experience in Arts Administration. Interns will be responsible for the upkeep of key organizational operations including but not limited to: schedule management, bookings, donor communications, artist liaison, and fundraising follow up. Interns must be detail oriented and prepared to work within the intensive start-up environment of a rapidly growing contemporary dance company. While this position does not offer any financial compensation, all interns are welcome to see KAIROS performances and take KAIROS classes for free, and participate in the company’s creative process (when applicable). Academic credit is available as arranged by your college or university; internships are offered for full-year or project based sessions.
• Have completed at least one year of college pursuing a degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing and/or Dance and Performance
• Be passionate about working in the non-profit, performing arts industry
• Excellent writing, proofreading and verbal skills
• Excellent verbal, communication and organizational skills
• Superb attention to detail and time management skills
• Social Media Savvy
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (word, excel) and general internet proficiency
• Possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to act responsibly, reliably, and efficiently
• Available for a minimum of ten hours per week / have the ability to adapt quickly to variable schedules.
This not a typical 9-5 position and is best suited to candidates with entrepreneurial drive.
• Photography / Videography experience a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
• Contacting potential performance partners and secure dates for upcoming events
• Photographing / Filming KAIROS classes and rehearsals
• Website and Press Kit updating
• Social Media posting
• Drafting press releases
• Creating Marketing & Social Media Campaigns / Grassroots Marketing
• Overseeing company calendar / communicating with dancers & collaborators regarding scheduling
• Assisting in the production of performances, special events and fundraisers
Interested applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Internship Application in the subject line.