KAIROS Dance Theater’s Trainee Program provides pre-professional and professional dancers the opportunity to hone their craft as performance artists by working intimately with KAIROS Dance Theater. Participants attend weekly company class and rehearsal at The Dance Complex.
KAIROS’ Trainee Program is a professional-level experience. We are seeking hard-working, committed dancers. All trainees will be held to the same standards expected from our experienced professional dancers.
Participation in KAIROS’ Trainee Program is by invitation of the Artistic Director. If you are interested in being considered please email your resume (including link to website if you have one) and head shot to DeAnna Pellecchia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can be a trainee?
- Advanced dancers, currently training on a professional track / dancers currently working professionally.
- Dancers proficient in ballet and modern.
- Dancers who are mature, self-motivated and goal-oriented.
What will trainees do?
- Take weekly company class
- Receive professional level training in modern/contemporary technique, improvisation strategies, and performance skills
- Participate in KAIROS’ creative process
- Understudy KAIROS repertory, with possible performance opportunities
- Interact with and be mentored by professional choreographers and dancers
- Experience the rigors of a professional dance company
Time Commitment, Contract and Fees
Dancers chosen for this program will need to commit to 4 hours of training on Wednesdays at The Dance Complex for 5 weeks.
FALL 2017 PROGRAM DATES
5 WEDNESDAYS: NOVEMBER 15, 22, 29, DECEMBER 6, 13
Class: 9:30 am – 11 am
Rehearsal: 11 am – 1:30 pm
5 WEEKS: $175
*payment plan available – please inquire
Trainees sign a contract agreeing to:
Be available for all classes and rehearsals.
Sign a waiver releasing KAIROS Dance Theater and The Dance Complex of any and all liability in the event of an injury.
Classes and Rehearsals take place at
The Dance Complex
536 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge MA 02139
(RED LINE to Central Square)
Please email email@example.com for more information