TRANSCEND TIME. DEFY PERCEPTION. CHALLENGE COMPLACENCY.
2017-19 • Boutique Roster Artist → JK&A / Booking Dance / NYC
2018 • Featured Artist → ZOU! Arts Festival (France)
2017 • Featured Artist → Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
2017 • Artist-in-Residence → Roger Williams University
2017 • New England Dance Fund Recipient → New England Foundation for the Arts
2017 • Featured Artist → Compass Theater (Russia)
2016 • Featured Artist → Busan Biennale (Korea)
2016 • Featured Artist → Cotuit Center for the Arts
2015 • Featured Artist → Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
2014 • Artist-in-Residence → Medicine Wheel Productions
2014 • Fellowship Recipient → Boston Dance Alliance
2013 • Published Artist → Harvard Educational Review
2013 • Artist-in-Residence → URBANO Project
2012 • Featured Artist → Boston CyberArts Festival
2012 • Artist-in-Residence → Boston Center for the Arts
Boston’s KAIROS Dance Theater is an eclectic contemporary dance company committed to creating emotionally powerful, viscerally charged performance art. Combining strong dance technique with rich visual imagery, live music and set design, KAIROS creates a dynamic physical landscape that pushes the boundaries of contemporary dance. Led by Artistic Director DeAnna Pellecchia, KAIROS engages audiences with innovative performances and workshops throughout the Boston area and beyond.
KAIROS is passionate about bringing together artists from all disciplines – visual artists, musicians, composers, digital media artists, filmmakers, and costume and set designers – to collaborate on expressing ideas in innovative ways. The resulting performances present non-linear story mosaics combining dance, light, myth, music, visual art, memory and text to create compelling movement pictures and commanding visual landscapes. The choreography is athletic and daring, the performers bold and committed. By stripping away layers to expose their truest selves, the dancers do not just dance, they reveal and embody story telling as a catalyst, inviting us all to embrace our deepest humanity. KAIROS performances aim to tell stories that speak to the deep, human truths we all experience.
“They moved with both grace and strength…All of the dancers shaped the space with daring and skill…So much beautiful, yet simple, magic…Each layer upon layer made it all sparkle further and deeper into viewers’ hearts and minds.”
– Kathryn Boland, DANCE INFORMA MAGAZINE
“KAIROS Dance Theater is simply breathtaking. DeAnna Pellecchia’s choreography is an incredible combination of sheer athleticism and physical poetry.”
– Dawn Simmons, Director of Performing Arts, BOSTON CENTER FOR THE ARTS
KAIROS demonstrates the threshold-crossing power of dance by…
- Creating work collaboratively with our dancers in an inclusive workshop environment where each dancers’ innate physical, mental and emotional intelligence is embraced and transforms the greater whole.
- Engaging the communities we work in by offering classes, workshops, and performance opportunities; KAIROS is passionate about working with movers of all ages and backgrounds, inviting all to experience and understand the power of performance.
- Partnering with artists from other disciplines to push the sensory aspects of our work including set & lighting designers, visual artists, fashion designers, digital-media artists, musicians, and composers.
Keep up with KAIROS!
Connect with us on social media!
Use the buttons below to go behind the scenes with KAIROS, and be sure to follow us on Instagram @kairosdances
Dance with us!
Book Master Classes, Workshops and Residencies! — visit our EDUCATION page to learn more!
Get on our email list and find out first about performances, classes, and project updates
See us live!
Check out our listing of upcoming performances and come see us live!